Title Update 4.1 is the first hotfix of Gears 5, a new approach we’re embracing at The Coalition to allow us to be more nimble and reactive to the most impactful issues in the game.
These hotfixes fall out of the schedule of any usual TU drops and instead focus on targeted updates for the issues that matter most to you. Our goal with this approach is not only to make us better at reacting to issues as they emerge, but also giving us the chance to deliver smaller features or key changes faster than we could before.
- Players can no longer gain the momentum-based speed boost after using melee
- Updated the Gnasher weapon switching animation to be in a fire-ready state 4 frames earlier. Shots previously fired in this 4 frame window would be drawn from the left shoulder, causing the shot to land wide in rare circumstances.
- Fixed an issue that caused enemy AI in Horde and Escape to kill DBNO players faster than intended
- Fixed an issue that could cause players to be in a broken state after being rescued from an AI struggle
HEROES AND VILLAINS
- Lizzie’s Ultimate Ability will no longer cause disconnects or crashes from the game under certain conditions
- Lizzie’s Explosive Munitions Skill Card will correctly cause splash damage when killing enemies in defense mode
- Baird’s Bloody Support Skill Card no longer applies to enemies taking damage from barriers
- Addressed sporadic hitching occurring in menus, map builder and joining custom games