As this Update follows just two weeks after our rather large TU1.5 fix list, this Update is a little smaller but contains some key fixes we know you’ve been waiting on – including improvements to the Boomshot and Flashbangs.
We have plenty more updates and improvements in the works – some server side, some client side – as we work towards our biggest update yet coming in December with the launch of Operation 2.
- Improved the consistency of the Boomshot with changes to the behavior of the secondary ‘bomblets’
- Flashbangs will no longer affect players through cover
- Full fix for the drop weapon exploit, including re-enabling weapon drops
- Fixed a bug that could cause players to be perma-flashed in a match
- Fixed a bug that could cause Enemies in Escape to sometimes be unaffected by Flashes
- Fixed a bug causing the Weapon’s Locker to eat weapons in certain circumstances
- Added a new check to prevent players using certain low covers to shoot through walls, ignoring muzzle block
- Resolved an issue causing the Gnasher to have bullet magnetism while ADS when Aim Assist is disabled
- If no users vote for a map in Quickplay, the next choice will now default to a different map on the same mode rather than the same map
- Fixed a bug that caused players to have to wait a couple of seconds before being able to reload when Hijacking a Boomshot Scion
- Power granted at the start of the Horde match is no longer applied as Power Gained in Tour
- Sarah Connor: Enemies can now be gibbed when in one-shot range using her Ultimate
- Fixed an issue that could cause enemy AI to teleport and ‘double vault’ if their vault is countered
- Fixed an issue that could cause Scions to have a fully black model after being killed in Escape
- Players can no longer share Power with AI teammates
- Total Enemies Killed stat for Campaign now tracks correctly
- Escape Leaderboards no longer show ‘Top 0%’
- Resolved a state where audio could be lost in Act 4 in 3 player co-op
- Additional miscellaneous bug fixes
One of our top priorities for the studio, as outlined on our Status page, has been to dramatically improve the Ranked experience. We know Ranked in Gears 5 has been a frustrating experience so far, and we’ve been working hard to rectify the issues as quickly as possible.
Earlier this week, we found an issue that cause a discrepancy between a player’s Skill Points rating and their actual Skill Rating, which resulted dramatic point swings seen in the post-match flow.
We now have a fix for this issue ready to deploy next week in conjunction with the launch of Title Update 2. However, in order to ensure that the changes roll-out correctly, we are doing a mid-season reset of all ranks.
Unlike our last deployment, where playing matches would often move you towards where you ‘should be’ in dramatic fashion, this is a full blown reset – which means all Skill Points will be wiped and everyone will need to replay the 5 placement matches in any playlists before gaining a Rank.
We know this move may upset some of you, but it’s necessary in order to achieve the long-term positive experience we all expect from Ranked. This is a critical step in our ongoing work to make Ranked the best it possibly can be.
Since we’re having to reset Ranks mid-season, we want to show our gratitude to all our players for your understanding and patience by granting the Blood Moon Imago Character Skin for free. All that is required is for players to log in between the deployment of Title Update 2 and the end of the current Operation.
You can track all ongoing developments around key issues at Gears5.com/Status, and we’ll be closely monitoring the results of this change – as well as your feedback – to determine its success.